Old October 27th 05, 03:42 PM
Terry

Default For the DPEs: added vs. initial rating written exams

Boris,

Common sense should allow you to show up with the greater test for an
additional rating Flight Instructor. We know that the FAA does not
always follow common sense. I do not have my handbook here, but since
you stated that it does not answer this, I would have to call my POI
(Principal Operations Inspector-the supervisor for DPEs) and ask him.
You could call your own local FSDO and ask. It is their job to answer
such questions.

Good luck. I think you have the right idea in your training.

Terry Claussen DPEG
Estrella, Az.

Borislav Deianov wrote:

One option might be to just take the FIA and FIG. Is that allowed? Can
I show up for an "added rating" checkride with the "initial rating"
version of the written? I checked the DPE handbook but it doesn't
seem cover this situation.

Thanks,
Boris