Old October 29th 05, 01:13 PM
Matt Whiting

Default non-owner insurance

wrote:

On 28-Oct-2005, Matt Whiting wrote:

Does anyone know of a company/agent who will write a $1MM non-owner
policy with $500K/seat rather than the typical $100K/seat?

Check with an insurance broker that specializes in aviation. Here's one in
the Seattle area:

http://www.westarinsurance.com/aviationInsurance.html

I've checked with AOPA/Avemco and four other aviation brokers and so far
haven't found anyone who will go above $100K/seat. I was hoping someone
else actually had such coverage and could tell me how they obtained it.
My company has a program to let you fly GA on business trips, but one
of their requirements is 1,000,000/500,000 coverage.

When I owned a Skylane, me and my partner had insurance that he'd
obtained by virtue, I believe, of being a veteran (Naval aviator)
through a company I can't recall now. We had $1MM smooth for only
$1,200 per year. However, I've not found a company that will write
anything close to that since 9/11.

Matt