Old November 13th 05, 09:30 PM
BTB

Default 777 records record flight

Vern wrote:
BTB wrote in newsPudf.13917$Qu4.5505
@fed1read03:

Boring because...

1. It is nothing really new, unlike Space Ship One or the first balloon
flight around the global
2. Only 35 people on board, mostly Boeing employees. It would have been
more impressive if it were a 'true' commerial flight
3. Long distance records are old new... what about a new speed record

Funny how you needed to tell all of us how in your opinion this is a non-
event.

I was actually quite impressed that they flew almost 23 straight hours
unrefueled from Hong Kong to London...who the hell cares if it was full or
empty. It's stil quite an interesting feat of technology.

Full or empty means a lot. It this stunt was to meant to sell to the
worlds airlines a long range aircraft that fly unrefueled from Hong Kong
to London then I think they failed. Bums on seats is what pays the
bills - if it could fly unrefueled from Hong Kong to London with a full
passenger load then it would be quite an interesting feat of technology.