Old November 18th 05, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fine wire plugs - pro & con?

Much longer life. I expect mine to last until the overhaul and hopefully
longer. I have 500 hours on mine with no noticeable wear. Less chance of
fowling since more of the ceramic is exposed. I have had one bridge with
lead once.
At the very least try fine wires on the bottom and massive on the top. I
really hurts when you drop one though. A lot of money in the trash can.
Michelle (12 fine wires in my engine)

Paul kgyy wrote:

I'm possibly having to replace a set of plugs; what are the pros/cons
of using fine wire types? I know they are more expensive, but what do
you get in return for the cost?