Old November 23rd 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying into NYC for Thanksgiving Day Parade

Andrew Gideon wrote:

The fees have gone up since. ATC doesn't care, but the people charging for
space on the ground are rather unfriendly to small GA aircraft. In a way,
it makes sense. If we take up the same space as 1/4 of a jet they want to
make the same income as 1/4 of a jet.

My experience at Atlantic at KTEB in March 2005 was just the opposite.
The line guy directed our Warrior to the place where we would meet
customs, then followed us in a minivan, waited for customs to finish,
led us to the tiedown in the minivan (with my family already in the
van), then drove us all to the FBO. Given that the tie-down was,
maybe, 50 meters from the FBO, I found that pretty excessive, but I
certainly cannot complain about being ignored. I managed to talk them
out of driving us back to the plane for the trip home.

All the best,

David