Old November 26th 05, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default An odd thing about CAD...

wrote:
Robert Schieck wrote:

So fess up, what do you print your 56" rib out on ?

use spray-glue to attach the pasted-up
pattern to a sheet of aluminum,
-R.S.Hoover

I'll add just one point. In my experience, spray glue won't work if
you're makeing steel pieces and have to grind it down to the line.
Cutting the metal gets it hot, and that melts the glue. I've used a
little paint instead. I have a couple little cans of Killz white primer
that I keep around. Spread a thin layer using some scrap paper or
whatever's handy. It will come off easier later if the metal still has
the shipping oil on it, but it will still stick plenty well enough to
make the part.

I've also used the Kinko's trick mentioned earlier, but they don't like
the CAD formats and only play nice with PDFs. And then they didn't like
the 8' airfoil of the Delta. Finally settled on printing it half size
and then blowing it up to full size using the blueprint copier they all
have.

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make