Old December 1st 05, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Primary nav source

The recent GPS/IFR discussions here got me to thinking. I generally fly an
Arrow, equipped with a Garmin 430, 2 VORs, Loran, my handheld GPS, my
sectionals, low enroute charts, and since I got my IFR ticket, I try to fly
under ATC control as often as possible to keep my comm skills up.

On cross county flights, I fiddle with the VORs and cross check my location,
I set the Loran (if it's working that day), etc. In other words, for
navigation, I use everything inside and out the cockpit that is operational.

Which one is considered primary?
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic