Old December 5th 05, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Should I get back into flying (long)

The Washington ADIZ excepted, I think problems are overblown. I fly in
Chicago, which offers lots of traps for the unwary, and have made my
share of mistakes but although controllers don't hesitate to let me
know when I've done something stupid I do not consider the environment
punitive or adversarial. You do have to continue enough training and
sense to avoid doing anything Darwinian stupid, of course (e.g. landing
NORDO on RW09L at OHare).