Old December 10th 05, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What would you pay?

"Montblack" wrote in message
New hangars came available at the airport I fly out of and I bought

two.
The rent on one pays for the annual costs for both. 39 T hangars sold

in
in about two weeks.

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
How does that work, Dave? Is this a private airport, or municipal?

Our airport has talked about selling hangars to tenants, but it always
gets swept aside as being unworkable.

At ANE (Anoka County-Blaine, MN - 20 miles N of M/SP) you build your own
hangar on leased land, just like a trailer "court" ...or mobile home

"park"
...or manufactured housing "village". You know, tornado magnets.

Put whatever you want up on your site, but you still owe rent (lease)
payments on that site each month. Hangars sell from owner to owner. The
leases (land rent) are set to almost double at ANE over the next few

years.

ANE is one of six reliever airports for (MSP) Minneapolis/St Paul
International. All are part of MAC - Metropolitan Airports Commission.

http://www.mspairport.com/mac/organization/default.aspx

Montblack

We currently pay $.10 per square foot. Even if it doubled it wouldn't be a
big deal. Is ANE one of the MSP airports they wanted to close? The airport
puts up the hangars and we purchase from the airport. That keeps quality up
and the neighborhood looking good.