Old March 4th 04, 09:04 PM
Rob Thomas

What a great idea! I have a tablet that I use in my day to day work. I
never thought of yoke mounting it!

How did you go about mounting it? What tablet do you have?

r.

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
"Bill Padley" wrote in message

. ..
Hi all..

just upgraded my excellent Jepp flitestar IFR to flitemap (very good

deal it
was too ! )

I bought a new laptop which prompted this , the very small Sony TR1MP...
Im very impressed with the software indeed, but one question to those

who
have Flitemap..

where do you put your laptop , so you can use it? - is it actually

usable in
flight, or do you really someone in the right hand seat to be using it?
Given that my laptop is small , the coaming would be the obvious, but

even
that would restrict the view

Any answers appreciated..its a great bit of kit!

Bill Padley
London

I got a tablet, removed the battery, reduced the weight to 1 lb and yoke
mounted it.

Laptops are far too large for aircraft use. Referencing the map or plates
is going to require turning your head a lot, and the laptop might start
moving.