Old December 15th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another reason to fly yourself

Jay Honeck wrote:
I managed to catch the tail end of elegant train travel at that age, too.
When you contrast those days with the Russian Aeroflot model we've come to
emulate (just think -- we used to make fun of them!) since then, it is to
weep.

I have an old friend who was flying on Aeroflot with his family many years ago
(before the fall of the Soviet Union). I guess they used any opportunity to
hone their skills because the pilot started doing some airwork along the way...
s-turns along a road, etc....

I've never experienced such a thing on an American airliner.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE