Old December 17th 05, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GTX 327 serial input?

Help - anybody out there experienced using the serial (not gray code)
encoder inputs on a Garmin GTX 327? My manual (revision J) shows the
first "RS-232 in" connection on Pin 19, in most places in the manual.
But on on the encoder hook up chart (chart 2.6.2.1, page 15) it shows
Pin 19 to be the SECOND RS-232 and pin 2 to be the first. Which info
is correct?

I'm gonna have enough trouble with those gosh darned pin connections as
it is. Anybody with experience who can save me doing it twice -
particulary since I'm trying to do this over the weekend - I owe you an
airport coffee.

Mike