Old December 17th 05, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Homebuilt kits

Well, there are over 4000 of the various RV types built and flying. I'd
say it's safe to assume that they have a first-rate kit (I have an RV-4
kit myself).

Scott

Cal Vanize wrote:

Thinking of building. Have been looking around and not found the kind
of selection I though was available. Found Zenith, Sonex and Vans. Of
the three, I'm looking a little harder at the two seaters from Vans
(RV-7 and -9) and Zenith (Zodiac XL). Obviously different performance
but costs don't seem that much different.

Would anyone be willing to share their experiences with building kits
from these companies? Any comments on flight characteristics of these
planes? Reliability? Any information to share? Reputation? Etc?

I stopped flying a little over 30 years ago but have ~ 1200 hours and a
CASMELI.

I'm in the midwest U.S.

TIA,

CV