Old December 31st 05, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default work in american airports, request info

In article .com,
s76x wrote:

I try to find a job in airport here in Italy because I have a big
interest for the aeronautic world, but here is very difficult!! Then,
I'd like know if I can realize this dream in America.

The job that I search is not one in particular, I can do any work,
for example handling baggage operator, cathering operator, ecc.. jobs
that don't need particular work skills.

Please, can anybody give me ideas, opinions or info for to take the
right way?

PS In particular I'm interested for to find a job in the airports of
NY area because I have relatives who live in that zone.

The best option would be to go to the web sites of the airlines in that
area, and see if they're looking for workers. The airline industry in
America is going through bad times right now -- many airlines are
bankrupt, and the jobs don't pay very well. (They are taking cuts in
pay so the airlines can survive.) Just so you know that!

Here are a couple places to get you started:

Continental Airlines, which has a big hub in Newark, New Jersey:
http://www.continental.com/company/career/default.asp

JetBlue Airways, based at JFK Airport:
https://jetblue.recruitmax.com/ENG/candidates/

Southwest Airlines, which flies into Long Island (Islip, New York; near
JFK airport) - they're hiring Ramp Agents at that city:
http://www.southwest.com/careers/ramp.html