Old December 31st 05, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default The Man Who Couldn't Cleco

"LP" wrote in message
.net...
wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm willing to wager that you were never in the Navy. I know Bob was &
I have heard other Navy guys call them forceps. Different lingo in
different circles. Given theat the tool isn't used to ply anything,
forceps might even be a more accurate term. Sorry that the world
doesn't conform to your expectations.

Daniel

If someone at work ask to borrow my forceps, he or she would get a deer

in
the headlight look. However, third drawer down on the right is my CLECO
pliers. Oh yeah, 23 years in the NAVY.

That is interesting. The "Aircraft Tool Control Manual - Navy and Marine
Corps" states that the C-40A AF Sheet Metal Roll-Away Tool box 5120 contains
a "Forcepts, Sheet Metal, Holding, Cleco."

See: http://www.allendoc.com/pubs/17-1C40A-1.pdf page 138.