Old March 18th 04, 05:57 PM
Dave Jacobowitz

I think this is the most likely scenario, too. Thanks for
the feedback, John. As an instrument student, I've never
flown anything put practice approaches (though some of those
were in actual

I wonder how many NDB approaches I'll be using once I've
got my ticket. But you're right, it's kind of hard to take
the ndb to 27r at oak when there's a lovely ILS right there.

-- dave j

"John Harper" wrote in message news:1079486818.506172@sj-nntpcache-3...
I suspect the controllers just didn't know. I've been involved in exchanges
where someone asks whether the XXX VOR is out of service, and
the controller says "not as far as I know" so a bunch of pilots try it
and all report it u/s. The controller says "thanks, I'll report that".
After all, nobody actually uses NDBs - certainly not that one -
except for practice approaches.