Old January 4th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Aspen at night

wrote:

In many places, that type of operation is S.O.P. Southeast Alaska comes to
mind. People who live and fly there generally don't get into trouble... the
statistics are generally people from Outside flying in.

Yes, bush pilots are an incredible lot. I was thinking of your standard
issue GA pilot, which includes me.

There was a good book I read last year describing the life and times of an
Adirondack Mountains (NY State, USA) bush pilot. In it are stories about
spotting a hole in the clouds and confidentially dropping through that hole
to land his floatplane on a lake, discharging his passengers, then taking
off and circling back up through the hole.

--
Peter