Old January 9th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default $30,000 pitch links

An ad on ebay has a set (2) pitch links for a Bell 412 listed as a buy it
now for $8,000!! They further state that the Bell list price for these two
little links is $30,000!!! I just finished making a set for my Safari
helicopter, and my set looks functionally very similar, and I couldn't find
$400. in them even if I charged myself $100/hr for the labor. Does Bell
make these out of Unobtanium? Or do they manufacture these in Zero G at the
Space Lab? Why do I fly an experimental helicopter when I could buy a
used Bell 47 for the same price as my kit???? A friend recently purchased a
Bell 47 and had to replace just part of the balance beam on the rotor head:
$1200!!! These prices greatly exceed one-of-a-kind custom prices that you
could get in a red hot machine shop.