Old January 10th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default The Pattern is Full!

After weeks and weeks of unrelenting bad weather, light winds and warm
temperatures have once again embraced the heartland.
Unicom -- eerily silent for so long -- is wall-to-wall with students
and $100 hamburger flights. Dang, but it's good to hear again!
Now, if only it holds till tomorrow...when Mary and I can go enjoy it!
--
Jay Honeck

The $100 dollar breakfast flight on Saturday had me shoe horned into the pattern in front of a flight of 5 RV's and a
Piranah all on downwind at the same time with more aircraft on base and final. Our own little version of Oshkosh By
Gosh. I was pedaling the poor140 down final like a three year old on a tricycle chasing an ice cream truck. Lot's
of effort but not much in the way of results. The P51 Reno racer "Miss America" was in the pattern a bit later and
graced the ramp with her presence. The high temp for the day reached 86 degrees.
Sunday I flew to OKC to play air taxi and bring the wife home from spending a few days with our college girls. The
return "night flight" home was awe inspiring, with unheralded visibility and nairy a ripple in the air. Really,
really enjoyable. After two or three weeks of 70 & 80 degree weather, this evening we're having snow flurries. It
was nice while it lasted!

Joe
8437R