View Single Post
Old January 10th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
external usenet poster

Default The Pattern is Full!

After weeks and weeks of unrelenting bad weather, light winds and warm
temperatures have once again embraced the heartland.
Unicom -- eerily silent for so long -- is wall-to-wall with students
and $100 hamburger flights. Dang, but it's good to hear again!
Now, if only it holds till tomorrow...when Mary and I can go enjoy it!
--
Jay Honeck

The $100 dollar breakfast flight on Saturday had me shoe horned into the pattern in front of a flight of 5 RV's and a
Piranah all on downwind at the same time with more aircraft on base and final. Our own little version of Oshkosh By
Gosh. I was pedaling the poor140 down final like a three year old on a tricycle chasing an ice cream truck. Lot's
of effort but not much in the way of results. The P51 Reno racer "Miss America" was in the pattern a bit later and
graced the ramp with her presence. The high temp for the day reached 86 degrees.
Sunday I flew to OKC to play air taxi and bring the wife home from spending a few days with our college girls. The
return "night flight" home was awe inspiring, with unheralded visibility and nairy a ripple in the air. Really,
really enjoyable. After two or three weeks of 70 & 80 degree weather, this evening we're having snow flurries. It
was nice while it lasted!

Joe
8437R

----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----