Old March 30th 04, 06:51 PM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:15:08 GMT, (Ross
Oliver) wrote:

So here's a question I had never thought of until getting my
instrument rating and owning an IFR-equipped aircraft: how long
should records of VOR checks be retained? Do they need to be
retained at all? Can the FAA come to me and ask, "Remember that
IFR flight to SLO you made 2 years ago? Show us the VOR check for
that flight."

You don't have to keep them that long... Year as I remember, but why
not put them in a line in your log book instead of creating forms.
Them you'll always have them.

Just put the required information in the remarks section. It makes
the record keeping much simpler. You can still keep a formal record
if you wish. Thing is you don't have to do them every 30 days. You
only need a current check if flying IFR.

I don't bother with mine unless I have a flight coming up and then
just make sure they are current.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

This came to mind because the next VOR check entry will fill up
the form I have been using, and I'll have to start a new one. So
I have to decide whether to discard the filled sheet, or save it
somewhere. Is there any value to saving these with the aircraft
maintenance records?

Happy landings,
Ross Oliver