Old January 10th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Doodles...

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message

Now, your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to draw up
a reeeeeaaaaaaly light weight retract system for it bg.

Moi? (In my best Miss Piggy voice). I'm a retarded firefighter - no engineer
fer sure.

The Emeraude uses the 23012 and I'll bet the Zephyr does as well. Add a bit
of washout to soften the stall.

I would 86 the idea of retracts and go with an RV-type gear off the engine
mount. No spar reinforcement needed, you can keep the fuselage on the wheels
when the wing(s) is/are removed, & other weight-saving advantages.

JMHO
Rich S.