Old April 9th 04, 03:20 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote in message ...

Tarver Engineering wrote:

There was either a machine error, or a man error. I believe the L-1011

is
one of the finest wide bodies ever built, from an engineering

perspective.
The NTSB did what they do and transfered liability back to the

Manufacturer.
That turned out to be an unfortunate decision when Eastern's management
threw the Airline across a craps table.

It was dumb-ass pilots, period. That auto-flight system was wonderful.

Then
again, you had to have a brain and understand the auto-flight modes,

including
how the trip from Command to CWS could burn you if you failed to mind the

store.

The only airplane that I loved flying more than the L-1011 was the Boeing
707-100 fan-powered, seriously over-powered dream machine.

The 707 was one fast airplane.