Old January 28th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default U2 (U.S.!) Forwardment

Bullwinkle wrote:
Martin,

Looks to me like the U2 on the brown area adjacent the runway is the shadow
of the one taking off (visible over the runway). If you scroll northeast a
bit you'll find the control tower casts a shadow in the same direction.

I think you're right. The second one is fuzzier, which would make it a
shadow.

Of course, I'm no satellite imager interpreter (and if I were I probably
couldn't tell you!), so I could be completely wrong.

Yeah, I know. You'd have to kill me if you told me.... ;-)

I'm still wondering what the tiny wing black planes are, though. Ditto
the white ones. One of these looks as it if could be a B-57 judging by
the wing chord and planform, but are there any still flying in the USA
apart from the much modified RB-57 in the NOAA fleet?

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. |