Old February 8th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:25:37 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

In the Corvair, the "POWERGLIDE" -OK BOB?- didn't hurt performance all that
much. It was still making good HP when it shifted, and it took off, then.

Yeh, yeh.
You'd still be grasping for facts, if 'Oyster' hadn't bailed you out.

My life long friend had a Corvair with POWERSLIDE and it did OK.
It got us back and forth from the bars and beaches in our and its
heyday.

Powergilide was pretty much the mainstay thru the 50's for all
automatic Chevies and served well until the 3 speed Turbo Hydramatic
came along as a '60's option. In between was TURBOGLIDE.. a dismal
failure with the less than popular 348 c.i.d. Chevy V-8 circa 1958.

When the big block Fords came along in the 60's, I left GM....
and never went back until I bought that piece of sh*t Buick
from Steakbreath Stricker in western Kansass! I can't believe
that we are still on speaking terms after that fiasco. g

- Barnyard BOb -