Old February 13th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default boB and helicopter fly-in

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

Come to think of it, there is one person I'd let fly my Helicycle if I had
one. That would be B.J. Schramm, but there's only one problem with
that.......... ;-)

I think the only thing he's piloting right now is a Halocycle....

I certainly hope so. :-) I've had the privilege of meeting Mr. Schramm on
a number of occasions, most of them at the PRA Fly-in in Mentone, In. He
was a really cool guy to talk to and a consummate gentleman.

The most memorable conversation came at the PRA fly-in that occurred after
he had flown his demo Helicycle through / into a set of power lines. I had
told him how good it was to see him there, considering recent history. He
smiled and shook my hand and then talked about the incident for a couple of
minutes, praising the Helicycle for how well it had taken the impact and
also praising God for protecting him through the ordeal. At one point, he
got a bit somber, describing the incident. It was hard not to tear up in
that moment. He was truly a remarkable individual and he is missed.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.