Old February 14th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Air Force One Had to Intercept Some Inadvertent Flyers / How?

"Ronald Gardner" wrote in message
I suspect gear and flaps down speed of a F15 to be around 110 or 120 knots.
wonder if with the thrust to weight ratio if he could nose up and power up
and
hold a much lower grd speed without altitude gain? Any former F15 pilots
out
there have the answer?

It depends on gross weight but it's closer to 150kts. That's landing config
though. You can get an F-15 down to below 100kts but it reqires alot more
thrust to get into slow flight and I'm not sure I'd want a single seat pilot
trying to control that and give hand signals or hold up signs, etc.