Old February 18th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default licensing for homebuilts

In article ,
"Tater Schuld" wrote:

I've been reading some of the FAA documents and am sort of confused about
something.

I don't see any requirements for a pilots license when applying for
registration and such for a homebuilt. is it implied that you already have a
license or is none required?

I see talk about reserving your N number then getting inspected, then
getting your 25 (or 40) hour permission.

note: I am talking about what's required, not what is heavily recommended.

Tater, did you wake up as a troll again today? I had just started to
take you seriously!

But I'll bite. Yes, you need a pilot's license, unless the plane is an
ultralight.

You can own a car, and register it, but you can't drive it without a
license. Same with a plane.