Old April 26th 04, 03:50 AM
Bartscher

I also had a letter from the FSDO laying out
exactly what the AST-300 could be used for...does the box you used have
similar authentication?

Bob Gardner

Well, the Frasca web site was only partially useful here. They did a good job
of reviewing what parts of what ratings the 141 can be used for, but they don't
say much about how to log it.

http://www.frasca.com/web_pages/info...n/logtime2.htm

http://www.frasca.com/web_pages/brochures/141bro.htm

They also managed to call it both a simulator and a flight training device on
the same page (not helpful). They do claim the following: "FAA approved under
14 CFR parts 61 and 141. Guaranteed FAA Level 2 or 3 qualification We not only
build these devices to AC120-45A Level 2 or 3 standards, but we can also
guarantee that they can be qualified in conjunction with the National Simulator
Program Managers office in Atlanta". Of course I'm not quite sure what that
means.

Sounds like it is Simulated Instrument but maybe not Total Flight Time (which
seems odd, not that it has to make sense). Also, the consensus appears to be
that it was neither day or night (which does make sense since there wasn't a
visual system)

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch