Old February 21st 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military

Default Aeronautical Engineer says Official 9/11 Story Not Possible

Let's see, they hijacked the planes at Boston and crashed at
NYC, looks like they hand flew just the last mile, judging
from the video that I have seen.

Autopilots have command steering, will do nice 25 bank
degree turns or you use the bug on the HSI to steer to a
precise heading. Altitude is also fully controlled by the
autopilot, dial in the desired altitude, arm the altitude
and start a descent with the CWS or whatever that model has.

The bigger the airplane, the easier I have always found it
to fly, as long as everything is working. Perhaps the FAA
could require partially defective airplanes so iltrained
hijackers couldn't fly them as a safety measure?

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"John Carrier" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| newsQLKf.102992$4l5.29962@dukeread05...
| AUTOPILOT
|
| Not. Autopilot is great for basic straight and level.
Maneuvering for a