Old March 1st 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Landing light options

It's rated life is 25 hrs (200,000 cp). And it's probably shorter with
more on and off cycles. Plus vibration.

A 4522 at 250w and 290,000 cp would really suck the current, still only
25 hrs.

Have you thought of new wingtips and put in a quartz on on each side?

http://www.rmdaircraft.com/cessna.htm

Great guy to deal with, no connection, just a satisfied customer.

This was discussed before, see my other posts.

John

Ronnie wrote:

My 1976 Cessna 172M uses a PAR 46 size GE4537 lamp for
the landing light (12V, 100W). It is mounted in the lower cowling
under the prop and does not last very long. I suppose the vibration
of the engine kills the life of the bulb. I sure wished Cessna had designed
this landing light installation to allow for replacing the lamp without
having
to remove the cowling. What a pain to replace a light.

I've tried the "rotate it 90 degrees in the holder" trick, but could not
tell that this helped any.

Many people recommend the Quartz Q4509 as a longer life replacement
for the GE 4509 PAR36 size lamp. A best as I can determine, there is no
Quartz version of the 4537. If you have seen these, please let me know
where.

Any other suggestions for a replacement lamp for a GE4537 lamp that
might prove to have a longer life?

Ronnie