Old May 26th 04, 10:48 PM
Matt Whiting

Peter R. wrote:

Matt Whiting ) wrote:

The ILS antenna doesn't know if the field has a control tower or not.
If an ILS hold is needed, then the taxiway would be marked.

And conversely, if ILS hold short lines are needed at most towered
airports, why are they not needed everywhere? What makes certain ILS
arrangements prone to interference and others not?

It seems to me that any ILS antenna that can be passed by an aircraft on
a taxiway would be prone to interference.

I suspect it has to do with the location of the antenna. I don't they
they are all located in exactly the same spot WRT to the runway.

Matt