Old March 24th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Practice IMC in real IMC

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

Matt Barrow wrote:
Nah, just accumulating a lot of IMC experience as of late where the scan is
starting to become second nature, rather than demand every last brain cycle
like it did when I was a student.

Back in my freight hauling days, I can remember reading the Charlotte Disturber
while flying hard IFR with no autopilot. Shifting my focus between the newpaper
and the instruments wasn't all that tough, but flipping pages was a real bitch.

Couldn't do it today. Back then I was flying twice daily Monday through Friday.
Now I'm lucky to fly once a month.

I never flew as much as you, but I once did fly a fair amount of IMC and
got to the point that I actually got bored flying down the ILS. Now I'm
busy most all of the approach and constantly wondering what I forgot to
do! :-)

Matt