Old May 29th 04, 01:41 PM
Iain Wilson

Hey Slav, how are ya.

My CFII's IR notes have a bold entry for "Always file to an IAF" and that's
what I do. Not saying this is correct or not, hopefully this thread sorts it
out. Perhaps I haven't come across the situation with an intersection fix
not on the charts in my limited experience.

The whole filing thing is more to do with Lost Comms than anything else.
Unless I've specifically requested the Full Procedure- ABC Transition, then,
as stated by another poster, you always get vectored to final.

Iain

"Slav Inger" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

Question: take a look at the VOR Rwy 28 approach at Marshall Brooks
field (RMY). I've filed IFR to airports where the VOR IAF happened to
be the VOR which was no problem, I'd just have that VOR be the last
fix in the route box on flight plan form. In RMY's case, the IAF
appears to be the intersection ALBIO. So, on the flight plan, should
the route terminate at ALBIO? That intersection isn't even on the
enroute chart. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry haven't posted in a while, have had no time to read or
post. Hope y'all are doing well.

- Slav