Old April 9th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student

Default Have you created anything "home-made" for your plane? (or a lowcost alternative?)

Andy wrote:
As a new pilot and new owner of a cessna 172, I've noticed the
seeimingly unlimited amount of accessories available for my plane. Most
seem to have one thing in common - a high price tag.

I was wondering if anyone reading this thread would share information
on any devices that are perhaps homemade or are low cost alternatives
to items available in aviation catalogs.

I guess this would include anything from pilot -assist devices to low
cost alternatives to lighting, interior upholstery, and the like.

Thanks in advance for any input you may offer.

Andy.

First, please don't crosspost to 3 different newsgroups. Pick one. The
groups are separated for a reason.

I have made a yoke mount for my computer.

The most popular homemade accessory around here is airplane covers,
mostly made with tarps :-0