Old April 19th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,alt.war.nuclear,alt.security.terrorism

Default Iranian Missiles And Torpedos

Juergen Nieveler wrote:
"Froggy" wrote:

All in all, an attack against Iran wouldn't achieve anything but a
large escalation in the conflict between Western countries and Islam,
since the US lack the forces necessary to successfully invade and
control Iran.

Unfortunately, the alternative (sitting still and watch Iran develop a
nuclear arsenal) is not too exciting either.

But how could anybody seriously argue against a nuclear-armed Iran
while maintaining good relations with nuclear-armed Pakistan?

Ideally one woud like to see a world free of nuclear weapons, something
even famous peacenicks such as Robert McNamara agree to. Having more
countries building nuclear arsenals does not strike me as a way to
achieve this.

Now I would agree with you that Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is a very
significant risk, especially when one considers the tension with India,
and the weight of islamists in Pakistan.

Cheers,

Froggy