Old April 23rd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Water in our oil, or just alot of hot air?

Dave Stadt wrote:

wrote in message
Dave Stadt wrote:

"mikem" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Stadt wrote:

12 years, 235K miles and still the original exhaust system.

But I bet you drive it at least 3 mi each time you start it.

That's true most of the time but it still doubles your estimate for
muffler
life.

How about the moisture in auto engines without crankcases vented to the
outside world? How does it get out? Once it floats upward and bursts
free,
as you say, where does it go? Don't hear about auto engines with
corrosion
problems even collector cars that are only driven a couple of times a
year.

All crankcases are vented somewhere.

Usually to the intake manifold through the PCV valve in modern cars.

Which is a closed loop. So how does the moisture escape?

Are you serious?

The intake manifold goes to the combustion chambers which goes to the
exhaust manifold which goes to the exhaust pipe.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.