Old April 24th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default An amphibian that sank?

Morgans wrote:

"Flyingmonk" wrote

Young man... Don't you have school tomorrow? g ducking for cover...

BITE ME ! ! ! g

Don't remind me!
--
Jim in NC

-SMACK!-

No sailing for you until your attitude imroves young man!

LoL!!!

Inland lakes mostly, but it could handle coasting in reasonable weather.
It's just too hot and humid at sea level...

There's a nice Catalina 22 near by also.
Real clean older boat. Nicely found.

That's only 4 feet more, but it's all in the middle!
Makes a difference launching and trailering.

I was thinking of an O'Day 17 Daysailer at first,
but I wouldn't want to camp out on a Daysailer at my age...

I think the Capri 18 is a pretty good compromise.
With a roller furling jib, it should sail single handed pretty easy.
Big enough to keep a fairly dry cockpit.

factory webpage:
http://www.catalinayachts.com/yachts...ct=model&id=10