Old July 4th 04, 08:32 PM
PA34 F-GFTF

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"John Bingham" wrote:

If you file and fly an IFR GPS direct flight plan and you are in and out

of
IMC or on top and you are not using outside references to keep it

straight
and level, what part of the flight can be logged as instrument time?

Would
it just be the time you are in the soup with no outside references?
John Bingham

You can log instrument time whenever you need to be on the instruments
to maintain control of airplane because there aren't sufficient external
visual references to tell which way is up.

How strange : in France, you log instrument time as long as you're flying
IFR (that is, under an IFR flight plan), and whatever the meteo conditions.
I thought it was ICAO rules, I'm supprised that it's different in US.

--
YAG