Old May 8th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Birds on the Tail

I'm surprised that I have not been able to find much on Google on deterring
birds on the tails of GA aircraft. Maybe I haven't found the magic search
terms yet. Anyhow, has anyone tried this or anything similar with any
success? http://www.absolutebirdcontrol.com/b...er.htm?ABS=BBG. I have
visions of wind meter-type of spinner (with the little cups) lightly-clipped
near the top of the tail but I worry about leaving it on by accident.

A tie-down neighbor has an owl perched on a high pole attached to a weighted
base. His Mooney's tail seems crap-free but I still need to verify its
effectiveness. Maybe I can put the Bird Spider on a similar contraption. I
saw an older post by Margy Natalie about using old CD's or the scare ball
but I'm unsure of the mounting options.

Thanks,

Marco

http://www.usenet.com