Old May 16th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bought my first plane:-D

On 16 May 2006 06:28:15 -0700, "three-eight-hotel"
wrote:

There was a good thread, about a month or so ago, on things you can
make yourself, for your bird. I've saved it in my favorites...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...886a61818bfa91

I'd like to see another list, or see that list grow, as it is a lot of
fun giving the bird a little love, without going broke!

I'd also suggest getting one of those auto mechanic "creepers", or
making one yourself... Sliding around on your back, on the concrete,
degreasing the belly is not one of those "joys" Jay was referring to.
But, it sure is gratifying to have a clean, waxed plane with a shiny
belly!

Shhh.... Don't say that loud enough for the Deb to hear. It hasn't
had the underside washed in three years. My back just won't let me do
that kind of stuff any more.

However as to the creeper, I'd spend the extra money and get one of
the new ones that let you adjust the height and not just the head and
shoulders. It depends on the plane but a lot of them have spots that
are too low to kneel under and yet have spots just high enough you
can't reach them laying on the ground or a conventional creeper. There
you will find that adjustable height creeper worth its weight in gold.

Well, that and a good set of goggles to protect your eyes from the
cleaner...and rubber gloves...pair of coveralls...and the list goes on
Good luck and congratulations but wait awhile for your next sanity
check.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Best Regards,