Old May 29th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Odd starting problem

In article ,
Prime wrote:

Perhaps somebody here has an idea about this little problem.

[snip]

It sounds like a flooded engine, complicated by a weak battery.

it is normal for the electric fuel pump to keep clicking. What was
the reading on the fuel pressure gage?

where was the fuel on the carpet? Under the primer or near
the fuel selector?

btw - it's a long story, but we discovered a small fuel leak in
my cherokee 140. It wasn't the primer, it wasn't the fuel selector,
it was a compression fitting in the fuel line from the left tank.
Someone had used fuel sealant on it.

I assume from your post that the engine is cranking.

Did your mechanic check the mags and mag timing? How many
hours on your mags?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the