Old June 1st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default PA28-235 pilot-side wing top skin cracking question....

Hi, For all the PA28-235 drivers in this group, have you ever noticed
any "little cracks" in the column of rivets on the top-side wing panel
above the flap on the pilot side? The cracks I have are evenly
distributed in middle across the columns of rivets. My mechanic spotted
them today & recommended that I re-skin that one panel. A 55+ hour
project. I was told that pilot-side top panel skin cracks are not
uncommon near the flaps for the 235's.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this issue and how did
you or would you handle that.

Other than that, as you might expected, the plane flies flawlessly in
every other aspect.

Thank you.