Old August 21st 04, 07:24 AM
Jeff

Stacy,
Did you make your flight to phoenix yet? If so how did it go?

We just moved to phoenix area and I am basing my plane out at CHD, moved
from las vegas, I have a butt load of flights into the phoenix area,
mainly falcon and williams gateway, several IFR departures and arrivals in
IMC and several IFR departures/arrivals in VMC. IFR and VFR I always get
vectors in and out.

One thing about the controllers at phoenix sky harbor is that they if they
can do it, they will vector you around their airspace instead of through
it.

let me know how they bring you in, I am thinking they will bring you down
near the south end of the class B then turn you up to CHD.

"S. Sherman" wrote:

Hello,

I'm relatively new to IFR (got the rating in Jan.) and also have never
flown into the Arizona area.

I'll be flying from the San Diego area into Chandler (CHD) and I want
to do the flight IFR. I have some questions:

1. Does ATC normally route you to CHD using one of the PHX STARs? I
did not see any that were really applicable to a non turbojet coming
into CHD from the west. What can I expect?

2. I expect clear skies when I arrive so I don't expect to need the
VOR approach (although I could to it for practice). Will they
normally just clear me for the visual or should I cancel IFR when
close?

3. What can I expect leaving CHD under IFR as far as routing is
concerned?

Thanks!

-Stacy