Old June 13th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Garmin 530 trip

John R. Copeland wrote:
"Sam Spade" wrote in message news:xSljg.178884$bm6.144152@fed1read04...

Dave Butler wrote:

Only TSO146 navigators have altitude outputs that have any
legal meaning.

And, only for final approach segments that have LPV minimums, not unlike
ILS.

Not so, that part about "only...LPV minimums".
You probably meant LNAV/VNAV minimums, didn't you?

No, Mr. Butler stated that TSO146 navigators have altitude outputs that
have any legal meaning, and I added that is true, but only for the final
approach segment of an IAP that has LPV minimums.

LNAV/VNAV minimums are valid only for birds with IFR-certified Baro VNAV
equipment. Let me add, for clarification, that Baro VNAV is valid as
the primary means of vertical navigation only for the final approach
segment of an RNAV (GPS) IAP that has an LNAV/VNAV line of minimums.