Old June 22nd 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation,rec.aviation.student

Default I passed the checkride, now need a good GPS and passenger headset

If my GPS died, I'd squawk 7700, broadcast a mayday on 121.5, and, if in a
suitably-equipped aircraft, pull the ejection handle. I think most people
flying in and near the Washingto ADIZ would agree. My last flight required
me to thread between two restricted areas, and then I was told to remain
clear of the ADIZ until my number came up. I probably could have done it
with VORs and a chart, but I wouldn't have been comfortable. I'd still be
waiting to see if that letter came.

"vincent If you can't navigate with depending on a GPS, you're an
aeronautical
cripple.

vince norris