Old September 18th 04, 09:32 PM
Jim Kaye

I downloaded a program from AVSIM called Autosave by Peter Dowson which
saves the current flight every minute for the last ten minutes of flying.
Many is the time this has saved me when for whatever reason the flight goes
awry! It even remembers the FS Nav parameters. On some third party
aircraft it doesn't always get everything set back up correctly, but you can
usually recover. Better than having to start over after a long flight.

Jim Kaye

"boB" wrote in message
Squirrel wrote:
In Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9), is it possible to set/change the
location to somewhere besides an airport? I want to practice
instrument approaches and start off at a waypoint or IAF. I remember
FS98 (or an earlier version) having a "Go to location" menu item. You
could then set the lat/log/altitude and other attributes.

Thanks, SM

Yep. I get all set up on a long final for an ILS approach and then save
the flight. (click the ; key) Name it XXXX or something easy. Then
when I blow the approach all to heck I just hit CTRL ; and I'm back at
the start of the approach.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)