Old October 25th 04, 04:29 AM
Peter R.

Mike Rapoport ) wrote:

Where did you come up with this? All airborn weather radar systems have
the same color vs. intensity scale. For example red is always 40dbz.

Mike, I interpreted his post as referring to ground-based radar
products. I guess I made a leap of assumption that since the OP was
newly instrument rated, he was referring to pre-flight, not in-flight
radar interpretation.

But perhaps he is flying behind in-flight radar system? It would be
helpful if he posted a follow-up.

Oh, and BTW, I obviously know nothing about active radar in the cockpit.
I have WSI's downlinked Nexrad in the Bonanza, but even within this
product line WSI uses slightly different colors to represent different
intensities depending on the display (MX20 versus laptop screen, etc).

--
Peter