Old July 23rd 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Oshkosh arrivals

My wife and I drove down from our home in Appleton to Oshkosh today (Sunday
the 23rd) for a few hours to watch arrivals. We saw the first Cessna 172
land and we were at AeroShell Square to see them pull it onto the display
ramp. Way cool! On my scanner we heard some guy in a Cessna 180 yelling
"I'm outta gas!!!!" on the Runway 18-36 freq. Amazingly, he made the
runway, but must have landed too hard because he closed the runway for a 10
minutes or so until they were able to get his plane moved. We sat under the
appoach to 09 for awhile, and listening to the radio while watching everyone
coming was just amazing. Kudos to all you guys brave enough to fly in.
Personally I'm glad I can just drive, it was frightening enough just
watching. A Citation jet following a Piper Cub to 09 without much distance
at all between them was easily the most amazing thing I saw today. Unreal!
Scott Wilson