Old July 31st 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

Default OSH rah/rap Party???

"RST Engineering" wrote in message ...
I just got back from a business meeting over by SFO and I have seen absolutely nothing posted about the Wednesday
night party in OSH. Are they all still there? Did I just miss an entire thread? Inquiring minds want every
trivial detail.

Jim

It is a big secret. If you want to know about these things you just have to show up! Just kidding Jim!

Actually since the wife and I were first timers we just kind of hung around the fringes and pretty much played like
wall flowers at the party. We did talk to Paul Tomblin, Montblack, Mary, and several others including those who
described themselves as either lurkers or semi-lurkers. I thought I was doing pretty good as far as not imbibing too
much in the alcoholic refreshments. However, as I grabbed one for the road from the cooler, I couldn't for the life
of me get the dang twist top bottle open. I tried as we walked in the dark all the way back to the tent site.
Finally the wife looked at me and said something about "I think you had to much". "Why"?, I say. "Because that's
one you need a bottle opener for". Sure 'nough! I didn't even know they still made those antiques bottles!
Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of
hits of that and so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship was better.

BTW, I took a few pics of your chair. You were toasted in your absence. I'll try and send the pics to Jay so maybe
he can post them on his website.

Joe Schneider
Cherokee 8437R