Old August 23rd 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RNR

Default Flying to Teterboro

I'd appreciate some guidance from the New York area folks on flying in
to Teterboro. I have to fly there for the first time next week. My
typical flying is in a much more relaxed envirronment than this and I
don't want to create any problems for myself or ATC.

My biggest concern is who to talk to. The NY TAC states that VFR
flights should contact approach even if they are operating below the
floor of the Class B on initial contact. That's clear enough, but is
that what actually occurs in practice? What if I am below the floor
on initial contact and plan to remain below the floor for the duration
of the flight? Does approach still want to hear from me?

Does ATC care whether I arrive by way of the Hudson or from the west
under the 1800' floor?

The NY TAC requests that VFR flights departing the primary airports
contact clearance delivery prior to taxiing. My interpretation of
that is that they are talking about Newark, JFK and LaGuardia. It's
not common practice for a VFR flight to contact CD at Teterboro is it?

I appreciate any advice that you can offer. Thanks.
RNR